Rule number one, don’t be a douche……..ever…….or a green booger.
Are you always checking your shoes thinking maybe you stepped in something because this is the reason everybody avoids you. There is Unpopular like Erika who is known for her “unpopular thoughts and blunt advice – delivered” and perfectly comfortable (and successful) in doing it her way; and then there is unpopular where your basic social skills are lacking as people tend to avoid you.
Help me out coach
Ok, normally I would charge at least $100 for this advice payable to my HeyPal account, but since you have been such a loyal community I will share these helpful tips for free:
- Exercise. That’s right, get your lazy ass up and away from the computer and do something; even if it’s just walking. It will make you feel better about yourself and give your confidence a boost.
- Groom. Wash that damn hair, brush them funky teeth, and cut them nasty ass toenails. How hard can that be; don’t be a Neanderthal.
- Avoid depressing topics. Don’t make people avoid eye contact with you because they know the first words out of your mouth will not be uplifting. Just stop it…….
- Don’t complain. Cousin to depressing topics. Nobody gives a shit you had a bad day……….really. Be solution oriented instead.
- Laugh. That’s right; look for the humor in the absurdities of every day life and laugh at it. It’s been proven it’s healthy to laugh.
- Be curious and engaged. As much as you would like to think it is, it’s not all about you. Ask questions, take the time to listen to the answers; be plugged in.
- Smile. And the world smiles with you. It is very hard for someone not to smile back at you if you are showing them your pearly whites.
If you don’t care about yourself, who will?
There are many, many factors in your life that are totally out of your control. What you can control however is how you react to these events and how you care for yourself; mentally, physically and spiritually. It truly is like a three-legged stool with each leg as important as the other.
Well then, put me in coach
That’s right, no more bitching and moaning and time to be part of the solution not part of the problem. You will never find perfection, so be grateful for what you do have, but never stop learning and exploring.
There are some pretty amazing people to meet, wonderful places to go, and incredible experiences to enjoy; it’s all a part of life, so don’t miss the bus.
Whoa Dorman, that was deep
Ha, that is about as deep as I go. However, life is a journey and whereas goals and ambition are good things to have, don’t forget to enjoy the trip along the way.