It was an interesting week indeed, especially to see how quickly Washington backed away from SOPA. I guess social can have some Klout after all, huh? I think I went dark……
No SOPA post here; but can we agree governmental censorship would be bad; very, very, bad?
Instead, I will give you some thoughts to ponder a la David Letterman style, because the weather has been too nice for me to be stuck inside this weekend. That just means I will have to work on my power blogger status later.
Thoughts to Ponder
- Life is sexually transmitted. Well, how else did you get here?
- Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
- Men have two emotions: Hungry & Horny. If you see your man not aroused, make him a sandwich.
- Give a person a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a person to use the internet and they won’t bother you for weeks, months, maybe even years.
- Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday; lying in hospitals, dying of nothing.
- All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
- And the number 1 thought – Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers – what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Short and sweet today, nothing too serious. I will leave you with one final thought however: Don’t worry about old age – it doesn’t last that long.
Are you still excited about 2012?
Ok, we are three weeks into the year; are you still on track? So far, so good for me.
This is my 70th post; however, it’s not a milestone because I’ve had a handful of guest posts so I will need to subtract them, right? I was planning something epic, but instead went to the beach and had lunch on the water at the Star Fish Company. Sauteed shrimp over cheese grits covered with fresh tomatoes; it’s the south, we eat like that you know.
What did we learn today?
Not much, but what did you expect; look where you are. Have a great week friends.
Soon to be released books you might want to read
As an aside, I am pimping….er, uh mentioning two books; this is totally my own doing, no royalties or recognition will be received. However, I have been able to get to know them from the outside looking in and think the books will be pretty cool.
The first is from Jenny Lawson aka The Bloggess; the book is titled ‘Let’s Pretend This Never Happened‘. I like her style, she is very entertaining, and she actually ‘followed’ me…..:)
I wish them the best. That.is.all.