Well, apparently if you incessantly whine about not making anybody’s list, someone will eventually put you on one just to shut you up. Within the past couple of weeks I have been awarded the Sunshine Award; not once, not twice, but three times.
Trust me, anytime I get recognition in a positive way it is greatly appreciated. Sometimes us bloggers seem to toil in obscurity at times, so if someone throws me a bone it always makes me smile.
And speaking of smiling; I recently attended a local Chamber party hosted by the board chair. She brought cards with characters faces on them to give to each member of the board depicting her impression of us. Me? I ended up with Mr Happy; imagine that, huh? Happy….sunshine…..work with me here, that’s kind of close, right?
I want to thank the people who thought I was award worthy
First I received notice from Barbara Klein at Late Bloomers; then Kim Davies at VizSource.Info dropped one on me. Finally, to top off all these wonderful accolades and kind words, Hajra at Hajra Kvetches made it complete.
All of these lovely ladies have been very supportive and probably way too kind to me. It is a true pleasure to know them and the fact they thought I was award worthy of something really means a lot to me.
Yes, there are rules
Rule # 1 – thank the person(s) who gave you the award.
Rule # 2 – Answer 10 questions (yikes)
Rule # 3 – Pass the award on to 10-12ish deserving bloggers (double yikes)
The 10 questions
- Favorite color – blue of course, Billy Blue Eyes knows no other.
- Favorite animal – dog; man’s best friend without a doubt.
- Favorite number – 10; my birthday is on the 10th.
- Favorite drink – de agua; nectar of the gods.
- Facebook or twitter – twitter, because I finally figured it out.
- My passion – food; see previous post.
- Giving or receiving gifts – receiving; I’m selfish, what can I say?
- Favorite day – Friday; kicks off weekend and Friday nights rock.
- Favorite flower – wall; because I can be one so well.
- Favorite food – hamburger; it would be my last meal.
My favorite people online
Ok, this is going to be tough because I have lots of favorite people online. I wrote down my list of favorites only to discover I had way more than 10 or 12. I know, hard to believe; this is coming from a guy who probably couldn’t fill a phone booth if that is where they decided to have his funeral.
However, there is a caveat because it is my list, right? The people you see below show up every single time I post; rain or shine, no ifs ands or buts. There are quite a few people not listed who stop by quite often I also hold near and dear, but it’s only appropriate I give a shout out to those who have put up with this week after week after week……….
- Kaarina Dillabough – decide2do
- Lori Gosselin – Life, for Instance
- Carolyn Nicander Mohr – The Wonder of Tech
- Adrienne Smith – AdrienneSmith.net
- Adam Toporek – Intense Fence Management Solutions
- Elena Patrice – Websites Give Back
- Jack Steiner – TheJackB
- Jens P Berget – Slymarketing
- Craig McBreen – CraigMcBreen.com
- Allie Irish – Ramblings of a WHAM
- Alicia Jay – TranscriptionE-Services.com
- Nancy A Davis – NancyADavis
- Al Smith – The C.A.R.E. Movement
Like I said, I have some very dear friends who have ‘life’ issues going on, or maybe have dropped in and out recently who weren’t named; but the people on the list above really deserve a medal. They have been consistently consistent for some strange reason.
If you are taking the time to read this, I would strongly recommend checking these fabulous people out.
Congratulations all, you have been officially ‘knighted‘ Sir Sunshine by King Bill.