I have to tell you, this has been an interesting month indeed. The beginning of the month I was definitely feeling the dog days of summer and struggling with direction and focus. Nothing in comparison as to what my good friend The JackB is dealing with right now; but as it seems to occur in the blogosphere, somebody shows up at just the right time.
In addition to it being my birth month, I had guest post opportunities from good friends Danny Brown and Lori Gosselin and it turned out to be quite the party indeed. On top of that, I had two successes of note with my day job, so all in all last time I looked it was still good to be me.
And just when you think it can’t get any better, I received the Versatile Blogger Award from my friend the mommy blogger Allie from @AllieRambles.
This was pretty cool and the fact she thought of me as a blogger worthy of recognition was literally icing on the cake. Allie has become a very dear friend and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t know what to do with me yet, but glad she has welcomed me into her community. Please check her site out, she is very talented, helpful and passionate about what she does.
I know, I know, how in the heck did I get in a mommy blog; I told her my story about cutting someone off in traffic and they called me a mother so I think that qualified me.
I previously received a similar shout out from Ari Herzog and Hajra Khatoon. I let it sit for awhile but did not respond, but it was appreciated too. Unless you are calling me for dinner however, I might not be the quickest to act. But that’s because I’m just lazy like that…..
Here’s the fun part
I get to pass this on to other bloggers for the same reasons. However, there are some rules and they are as follows:
- Thank the person who gave the award and link them back to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass this award along to up to
1516 recently discovered blogs.
- I’m way cooler than I look
- No, I don’t whine every time I don’t get my way
- My last meal would probably be a hamburger
- Yes, this is my real hair
- Yes, I really do have a job
- Yes, I really do have two hole-in-ones
- I think Field of Dreams is the best father/son movie ever
- Kaarina from decide2do. Great friend, supporter & coach
- Kim from VizSource.Info. Hidden gem that makes me smile
- Alicia from TranscripESvcs. WAHM & master of the poopy diaper
- Nancy from NancyADavis. 4’10” ball of fire. Go
- Betsy from Silentleaves. Passionate about her writing
- Hajra from Hajra Kvetches. The analyst who makes me smile
- Adrienne from AdrienneSmith.net. Making it work online
- Carolyn from The Wonder of Tech. Very smart and lovely lady
- Elana from The Wrap. Positive, helpful and fun
- Staci from lizardnladybug. My niece, nuff said
- Wendy from BGN. My talented business crossover friend
- Stacey from MyLifeStyleMax. My intriguing Spice Girl
- Mimi from The Goodness Grows. Critiqued my first blog post
- Lori from Life, for Instance. Asked for my 1st guest post
- Marianne from Marketing Matters. My burger judging friend
- Amber-Lee from Pioneer Outfitters. She’s on my bucket list